Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati
Infectious Disease Center - Holmes Hospital
Eden and Bethesda Avenues
- Northwestern University: B.S.
- University of Sussex, Falmer, Sussex, UK
- Northwestern University Medical School: M.D.
Post Graduate Training:
- 1989-1992 Intern and resident, Cornell University Medical College, North Shore University Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- 1992-1993 Clinical Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- 1993-1995 Research Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 1995 Training course in Hospital Epidemiology, Society for Health care Epidemiology of America
Licensure or Certification:
- Diplomate National Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine/Infectious Diseases
- Ohio State Medical license
Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
Infectious Disease Society of America
Partial List of Publications:
Jonathan Shuter, Amy Beth Kressel, Carlos Gallegos Rivera, Catherine Buthkas Small, Liise-anne Pirofski. Cryptococcal meningitis in an HIV-infected man with normal absolute CD4+ lymphocyte count. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice. 1997; 6(6): 408-10.
Liise-anne Pirofski, Rui Lui, Max DeShaw, Amy Beth Kressel, Zaojing Zhong. Human monoclonal antibodies to the Cryptococcus neoformans polysaccharide capsule. Infection and Immunity. 1995; 63(8): 3005-14.
Hugh R. Wilson, Marilyn B. Mets, Stephanie E. Nagy, Amy B. Kressel. Albino spatial vision as an instance of arrested visual development. Vision Research. 1988; 28(9): 970-90.
Amy Beth Kressel. Transmission of hepatitis viruses by surgeons (letter). New England Journal of Medicine. 1996; 335(4): 285.
Amy Beth Kressel. Pneumococcal infections: changing etiology and emerging drug resistance. Resident and Staff Physician. (Suppl.) 1994: 7-12.
1997 AIDS Clinical Trials Group, ACTG 316, Site Investigator, University of Cincinnati Phase III, randomized, blinded study of nevirapine in HIV (+) pregnant women to prevent maternal-fetal HIV transmission.
1997 University of Cincinnati, Faculty Development Award
Partial List of Presentations:
Amy Beth Kressel and Liise-anne Pirofski. Subclass analysis of serum anti-Cryptococcus neoformans capsular polysaccharide antibodies in HIV(+) and HIV(-) children. 34th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Oct 1994.
Amy Beth Kressel, Bruce F. Farber, Marvin J. Tanenbaum. Acute bactermic S. aueus prostatistis (Poster). Downstate New York medical Society Meeting, 1992.