Since 1995 - Non Profit Healthcare Advice

What If I Suspect a Child Is Being Abused?

If you suspect a child is being abused, call your local police, child protective services, or sheriff’s office.

The Administration for Children and Families, Department of Health and Human Services also has a web page on “How to Report Suspected Abuse” with toll free telephone numbers for each state.

What if I can’t prove that a child is being abused?

It is not up to you to “prove” child abuse. If you have any suspicions that a child is being abused, report it to the proper authorities and let them do their job, which is to investigate.

For more information:

Go to the Child Abuse health topic.