Asian Sesame Chicken with Mandarin Oranges and Pineapples
- 5 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Place chicken into skillet, and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken, and set aside. Stir onion wedges and bell pepper slices into skillet; cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Remove, and set aside. Return chicken to skillet, and reduce heat to low. Mix in teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, black pepper, Chinese five-spice powder, red pepper flakes, and honey; stir until sauce thickens. Return onion and bell pepper to the skillet and add the pineapple and mandarin chunks. Warm through, and serve with steamed brown rice.
Total: 4 servings, 1 serving w/o rice: 30.4 g of fat, 15 g of protein, 435.5 calories, 7.85 g of fiber, 30 g of carbohydrate
For more information:
Go to the Diet and Nutrition health topic.