Preserve your Sight!
Keep an Eye Out
- African Americans and Hispanics over the age of 40
- people with diabetes
- persons who smoke
Vision lost to undetected eye disease cannot be restored!
- Eat a healthy diet as recommended by your doctor.
- Do not smoke.
- Wear sunglasses.
- Have an eye exam performed by an eye care professional on a regular basis!
If you have diabetes, you should aim to prevent vision loss from diabetic retinopathy:
- Watch and control your blood sugar levels.
- Take care of yourself and exercise.
- Have a dilated eye exam at least once a year!
This article is based on information provided by Prevent Blindness Ohio and was adapted for use on NetWellness with permission.
For more information:
Go to the Eye and Vision Care health topic.