What is Quality Health Care for Diabetes?
Good Relationships + Good Care = Quality Care. Everyone should have access to care and everyone should have good care. More and more we are hearing about the importance of quality care and ways to support doctors and hospitals give the best care to their patients.
- What does “quality health care” mean?
- How is quality care measured?
- What’s the connection between those measurements and good health?
Good care comes through good relationships-being able to talk to your doctor about your concerns. It comes from having the information you need to ask questions and doing what you need to do in your own life for the best health. The goal of this center is to talk about quality care from the patient’s point of view. The goal of quality care is the best health for you!
Quality Care for Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the most important health conditions and one that affects more and more people every day. According to the Center for Disease Control, 26 million people in the United States have diabetes and 27%of the people who have diabetes don’t know they have it.
Even though diabetes is common, it can lead to serious health problems throughout the body including heart attack, blindness, leg amputation, and kidney failure. The important thing is that if you have diabetes there is so much you and your doctor can do to prevent these conditions. This includes getting the right members on your healthcare team and giving yourself the encouragement to make progress, one small step at a time. This center provides the information you need to help you on your journey, to work hand-in-hand with your doctor, and do things in your own life that make a difference. It will answer questions like:
- What are the tests and treatments I need for good diabetes care?
- What questions should I ask my doctor?
- Who should be on my health care team?
- What can I do to stay healthy?
Remember that when it comes to good care, no one can do it alone and everyone on your team has a role to play. As doctors and patients, we can work together, keep learning more and doing just a little bit better, one step at a time!
To learn more about quality healthcare for diabetes:
- Quality Diabetes Care Goals
- Your Health Care Diabetes Team
- Start With Small Steps
- It’s Okay to Ask Your Doctor Questions
Hope Through Research – You Can Be Part of the Answer!
Many research studies are underway to help us learn about eye diseases. Would you like to find out more about being part of this exciting research? Please visit the following links:
- NIH Clinical Research Trials and You
- Diabetes Studies
- Diabetes Quality & Self Care Studies
- NetWellness Research Center
- ClinicalTrials.gov Explained and Find Studies on ClinicalTrials.gov
- ResearchMatch Explained and Join ResearchMatch
For more information:
Go to the Quality Health Care and You – Diabetes health topic.