Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary Disorders

Vein blockage



I have had a lump/blockage in the vein around my right testicle for 1 year. My previous physician tried mostly anti-inflammatory and a heavy duty antibiotic to no avail. I started with a new company 2 months ago and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions until my insurance kicks in?They did blood work up and test for infectious disease/result negative.


What you describe sounds as if you may have a varicocele. The etiology of this condition can vary as does the treatment. I suggest you consult with a urologist who should be trained to both evaluate and manage this problem.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Martin I Resnick, MD Martin I Resnick, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University