Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Smoking and Tobacco

Smoking Cessation



My husband has been a smoker for 30 + years. A friend just told him she had heard of a new prescription drug that is very successful in stopping the craving for tobacco and helping a person to quit. Can you give me the name of the medication?


The medication you are referring to is called Zyban. The generic name is bupropion. Please see "New Non-nicotine Smoking Cessation Pill" below for additional information.

Related Resources:

New Non-nicotine Smoking Cessation Pill

For more information:

Go to the Smoking and Tobacco health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Margaret C Sweeney, MD
Formerly, Associate Professor of Clinical Family Medicine
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati