Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Sports Medicine

Knock knee



im a 19 year old fresman in college and wondering about correcting knock knees. I am physically active and play college football, and im wondering if correcting knock knees could be possible without affecting my speed and strength?


Genu valgus or "Knock Knees" is fairly common. The degree of your problem depends on the severity of deformity. With your present abilities as an athlete you may be served by the use of orthotics and physical therapy. If you are referring to surgical correction of your problem you would be better served seeking an evaluation and recommendation of an orthopedic surgeon. We are all primary care physicians. Only an actual physical encounter with a physician can determine what may benefit you.

For more information:

Go to the Sports Medicine health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Steve Badolato, MD
Clinical Faculty, Team Physician
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University