Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Smoking and Tobacco

Chocolate flavored smoking cessation aid



I would like to know if there is any kind of medicine that you take to quit smoking. Somebody was telling me about a medicine that tasted like chocolate,and when you put it in your mouth it dissolved as quick as it hit your tongue. They had forgot the name of it. Thank you.


There are a number of medicines that can be used to help those interested in quitting smoking. Those that have been tested are nicotine replacement and bupropion (Zyban). Nicotine replacement is available in the form of a gum, a patch, nasal spray and an inhaler. Zyban is a pill taken twice a day. Nicotine gum and patch are available without a prescription. The other products require a prescription. These products can double or triple the quit rates over a placebo (sugar pill). There is no research that I am aware of that discusses a chocolate medication for smoking cessation.

For more information:

Go to the Smoking and Tobacco health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Karen L Ahijevych, PhD, RN, FAAN Karen L Ahijevych, PhD, RN, FAAN
Professor Emeritus
College of Public Health
College of Nursing
The Ohio State University