Senior Health

Brain malfunction?

03/25/2001

Question:

I am not sure if this fits in this category. I have been having this buzzing feeling in my head that makes me feel like I am going to pass out. Then I had a weird thing happen to me. I am taking a class this sememster and was doing an essay test and writing what I needed. When I went back to reread it there were words that did not know make sense. They were not really words. I was thinking and writing but it was as if my brain was thinking one thing and my hand was writing something else. Incomplete words. I am an english major so I know english and how to write. This really bothers me. I am 48 years old and a female. Any thoughts?

Answer:

It sounds like you`re asking for a specific diagnosis, which is more than I can provide online. Only a detailed history and physical exam by a healthcare professional can provide enough information to make a specific diagnosis. Please discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider.

Go to the Senior Health health topic, where you can:

Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG
Assistant Director