Senior Health

Feeling like an old man

07/16/2001

Question:

I developed a strange headakes over the 5 years time. Some upseting news in the past caused a lot of tensions in the head area, and gradually grown into chronical headakes. I often wake up w/heaviness in the rear part of my head. Location changes from back to front or middle part of head during the day. It is sometimes acompanied by slight nausea. It doesn`t alow my head to turn fast, and slowing me down a lot(speach, memory, concentration). At time of these headakes I feel like I am 75, even so I just turned 51. My doctor said, that I should try taking Vioxx, and then he will continue experiments. What could be possible reason? Should I eliminate these trial and errow research, and go to see the neurologist instead? Wouldn`t it be a better way to diagnose the problem rather sooner, and start treating it?

Answer:

Your question does not fall within the scope of my topic area or that of any other current NetWellness expert. However, the number of available "Ask an Expert" topic areas continues to increase, so be sure to check back. To help you find an expert that can answer a particular question, there is a "topic description" located at the top of each "Ask an Expert" topic area.

Go to the Senior Health health topic, where you can:

Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG
Assistant Director