What is this bump in my nose?

I have a a bump in my nose. It feels hard and is about the size of a pimple. At first I thought it was a sore but it is not going away and does not seem to have a scab. It is located on the inside of my nose on the top part of my right nostril. Is this a nasal polyps or could this be a cancer?

Without taking a look, it sounds consistent with a probable infection in one of the glands inside the nose. Within the tip of the nose, that is the nostril area, there are a lot of oil glands. Sometimes these will become obstructed and can back up, causing them to become swollen and possibly infected. I would recommend applying a little antibiotic ointment (like Bacitracin) on a Q-tip, and applying some heat over the tip of the nose. If it persists, then it would be best to have a physician take a look

Allen M Seiden, MD Allen M Seiden, MD
Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Division of Rhinology and Sinus Disorders, Director of University Taste and Smell Center, Director of University Sinus and Allergy