Senior Health

Could you help?

08/27/2001

Question:

My wife is a 41 year old woman who presents to the GP complaining of nausea and vomiting. She feels naseous expeccially in the morings and oftn vomits it seems to wear off at about midday. She is otherwise well but the problem is really getting her down. It started about 4 weeks ago when she thought it might have been sonething she had eaten. it seemed to get bettter but for the last 2 weeks it has been getting worse again she hasnt had any diarrhea. She seems to be eating OK and has not lost any weight. Nothing seems to make it better or worse so she just tries to get on but it is making her difficult to work normally and she os anxious about losing her job a a secretary. she has not been to the doctor for a long time she is in good health and looks well. We have been married for 10 years I`m a computer technician we have no kids and we immigrated from South East Asia 15 years ago. I hope you can tell me what has happened to my wife with the information i have givven you. Thank you

Answer:

This question does not fall within the scope of my topic area. I have forwarded your question to a NetWellness Expert who I hope will be able to provide you with an answer. In one to two days, please look for an answer to your question in the NetWellness Expert topic area called Digestive Disorders.

Go to the Senior Health health topic, where you can:

Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG Elizabeth Joyner Gothelf, BSN, MAG
Assistant Director