Eye Deterioration

12/18/2001

Question:

Our son has no sight in his right eye, due to glaucoma and eye infections. He has scar tissue covering his pupil. His last surgery was Oct 1995. The eye doctors have been telling us that his eye will eventually `die` or deteriorate. Today, we spent 4 hours in Children`s ER, because we thought we saw the 1st signs of his right eye deteriorating. I can`t find any pictures on the web...We would like to know what the eye will look like when the deterioration begins. We have been spoon fed information all of these years and we just want some straight forward answers. His left eye has 20/20 vision, with no problems. Please let me know where I can search for additional answers. Thank you, God, Love, Peace.

Answer:

This question does not fall within the scope of my topic area. I have forwarded your question to a NetWellness Expert who I hope will be able to provide you with an answer. In one to two days, please look for an answer to your question in the NetWellness Expert topic area called Eye and Vision Care.

Caroline Mueller, MD