Exercise and Fitness

Wellness Centers?

04/04/2002

Question:

I would like to know of some ideas for how to find a job in the Columbus areas. I am looking for a wellness position. I just graduated from college and am currently looking. I have looked up different YMCA`s and hospitals but no luck. What is a good way to find different wellness centers?

Answer:

Congratulations on your graduation. I would first recommend checking with the college office from which you just graduated, particularly if you graduated with a wellness/health promotion degree. You may also wish to periodically check on the bluefishjobs.com website for postings of various job titles, employers and locations. Area recreational centers offer many programs in the summer months, and this could be a good lead in to a wellness position. Continue to check with YMCA`s, hospitals, health agencies (American Red Cross, American Heart Association, etc.) and even Ohio State University. Good luck to you!

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Carolyn   Nickol, RD, MEd Carolyn Nickol, RD, MEd
Director
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley