Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Vascular Surgery

Anal/vaginal veins?



Is it possible to have varicose veins in the anal/vaginal area? Slightly swollen, burning, throbbing symptoms. No open area. Just uncomfortable, burning.


Varicose veins in the anal area are called external hemorrhoids. There can be `varicose veins` in the vaginal area which may develop during or after pregnancy. Treatment of both of these is often the use of warm Sitz baths (soaking in a small tub of water) to help relieve swelling and itching. Topical aids for hemorrhoids can also be used.

For more information:

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Amy B Reed, MD Amy B Reed, MD
No longer associated