Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary Tract Cancers




My husband is 81 yrs old, has been having a little prostrate trouble for yrs. Lately he doesn`t seem like hi self and won`t admit something is wrong, he goes to bath room a lot, it seem like it is a problem for him to start to urianta sometime, and his underwear is always stained but a couple of times I found his underwear bright yellow and it looks a little orange but I don`t want to embarrase him.


I suggest he consults with a urologist who can properly evaluate him. He may have an infection causing his symptoms or they can be related to an enlarged prostate. With a proper evaluation, appropriate treatment can be started. This could mean he may have to take some medications to relieve his symptoms but there is also the possibility that surgery may be necessary.

 I hope this information is helpful to you.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary Tract Cancers health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Martin I Resnick, MD Martin I Resnick, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University