Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


IV Drug Options



My mother has severe osteoporosis. I have it too but not as bad. We have been unable to take any medicines because of acid reflux. She is now on MIacalcin.Is ther any other medicines in sht for besides Forteo?


Yes, Zoledronic acid (Zometa) and Pamidronate are available as IV drugs.

For more information:

Go to the Osteoporosis health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Margery   Gass, MD Margery Gass, MD
Formely, Professor, Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati