Arthritis and Rheumatism

Neck and shoulder pain like slept wrong

03/31/2004

Question:

Iam taking moltrin 600 have pain in my neck and shoulders like I slept wrong have had it for about 2 weeks doenst seem to ease up stiff should I sleep with no pillow at all ? I did have wip lash once ago it kinda feels like that.

Answer:

It sounds like you`re asking for a specific diagnosis and treatment recommendations, which is more than I can provide online. Only a detailed history and physical exam by a healthcare professional can provide enough information to make a specific diagnosis and provide treatment. Please discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you apply heat to the area and try sleeping without a pillow. Also, you may be causing problems by some of your daily activities. I would not maintain a fixed position of your neck for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time without taking a break. This could help minimize strain on already inflamed muscles.

Go to the Arthritis and Rheumatism health topic, where you can:

Michael E Luggen, MD
Attending Physician