Diagnosing Anger Issues

09/16/2004

Question:

I am a 28 year old female. When things go wrong as they will in life, I make it really a huge deal. I get so angry that if someone attempts to calm me I threaten them or actually hit them, bite them, or threaten to commit sucide. I am so angry, I feel like that there is no hope for me. My memory sucks, my realtionships suck. I never fit in anywhere. On top of all that I don't remember must of the temper flares. Like it is not even me doing those things. I am so ashamed after.I feel like I have 10 differnt personality.ok ? for u what the hell is wrong with me?

Answer:

I'm sorry, there is no way I can diagnose over the internet.  It sounds like you are having some serious emotional problems, and I encourage you to see your physician right away.  I would recommend seeing both your primary care physician as well as a mental health provider like a psychiatrist or a psychologist.  Your primary care doctor can make sure everything is OK physically, and guide your selection of a mental health care provider.

Good Luck.