Complementary Medicine

When is the Best Time to Take Greens Plus Products?

01/13/2005

Question:

I would like to know if it is safe to take this product at the same time as my other medications? I am currently taking Actonel 35mg once a week, Premarin .625 one every morning, calcium and magnesium with Vitamin D twice a day (Calcium 476 mg, Magnesium 167 mg, Vitamin D 100), Euro D 400 UI mg once a day (at the same time as my calcium pills), Vitamin C 500mg once a day at noon, Co-Enzyme Q10 60mg once a day in morning, two tablespoons of Udo oil blend once a day, Evening Primrose Oil 500mg once a day, Magnesium 150 once a day, and Milk Thistle 450 mg one a day at the same time as my noon calcium pills. And only sometimes Benadryl for allergies. Would it be best to take the Greens Plus in the morning at the same time as my Evening Primrose oil, CQ 10 and my Magnesium pill or at noon with my Calcium, Vitamin D and my Milk Thistle pill and my two tablespoons of Udo Oil Blends? I take my Premarin pill one hour before taking my other morning pills. Is this all okay? Here is the website of the Green Plus: http://www.greenspluscanada.com/en/products/greens/healthyhappy.html Thank you.

Answer:

It is OK to take the Greens Plus at any time.  It should not interfere with your other medications/supplements.

Go to the Complementary Medicine health topic, where you can:

Tanya I Edwards, MD, MEd Tanya I Edwards, MD, MEd
Formerly, Associate Professor of Medicine