Urinary Disorders

PRESSURE BLADDER

01/21/2005

Question:

I AM 55YRS.OLD,HAVE HAD SEVERAL SURGERYS,MANY CHILDHOOD DISEASES,POLIO WAS THE WORSE AT 5YRS.,IT DID NOT LEAVE ME CRIPPLED BUT FEEL IT HAS TAKEN A TOLL ON ME.AND HAS ALOT TO DO WITH MY FEELING BAD ALL THE TIME.I HAVE 3 DAUGHTERS HEALTHY PREGANCYS,MARRIED FOR 35 YRS.TO THE SAME WONDERFUL MAN.MY SURGERYS INCLUDE GALL BLADDER SURGERY 1969,PARTIAL HYSTERECTOMY 1979, FUSION C-SPINE #6&7 1989,COMPRESSION FRACTURES THORAX(NO SURGERYS)2001. ABOUT 2 WKS.AGO I NOTICED A LITTLE PAIN WHEN I WOULD GET UP IT HURT NOT SEVERE BUT HURT AND FELT LIKE MY BLADDER WAS GOING TO FALL OUT.IM SAYING BLADDER BECAUSE THAT`S WHERE IT FEELS LIKE IT`S COMING FROM.IT WENT AWAY FOR 7/8 DAYS.JUST 3 DAYS AGO IT CAME BACK,AND IT IS NOT GOING AWAY.AS LONG AS IM SITTING IM FINE BUT WHEN I GET UP THERES SOME DISCOMFORT AND FEELS LIKE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO FALL OUT ALSO MY STOMACH IS HARD ON THE UPPER RT.& LT SIDES.THERE`S NO BLOOD, I PEE JUST FINE WITH NO PAIN. IM 80 LBS. OVER WEIGHT,HEAVY SMOKER.SINCE I FELL 10 FT.STRAIGHT DOWN IN OUR EMPTY POOL AND LANDED ON MY FEET THATS HOW I GOT THE COMP.FRACTURES/THORAX. SINCE THEN HUBBY AND I HAVE SEPARATE BEDROOMS,BECAUSE HE JUMPS, JERKS & SNORES. I CANT REST HE CONSTANTLY WOULD HIT MY BACK,SO I KNOW THIS FEELING IS NOT COMING FROM SEX.I TAKE 7.5 VICODIN 4/6 TIMES A DAY,FLEXERILL 10 MG.3 TIMES A DAY.I`VE HAD 2 KIDNEYS STONES IN THE BEGING 2001 FROM THE VICODINE.BUT NOT SINCE THEN AND THIS ISN`T THE SAME FEELING OR PAIN.IT JUST FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS GOING TO FALL OUT.THERE IS HEAVY CANCER ON BOTH SIDES OF MY MOM & DAD.MY MOM IS 73 YRS.OLD PICTURE OF HEALTH SHE CAN WORK CIRCLES AROUND ME.MY DAD DIED OF LUNG CANCER AGE 65.HIS PARENTS AND SIBLINGS HAVE ALL DIED OF CANCER.AFTER ALL THIS I HOPE I DID`NT LOSE YOU.AGAIN IT JUST FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS FALLING OUT AND HARDNESS ON UPPER RIGHT & LEFT SIDES.I NEVER HAVE HAD BLADDER INFECTIONS.I`VE HAD OVARY CYSTS YRS. AGO BUT NOT AFTER MY PARICIAL HYSTEREC.IN 1979/80.COULD THIS BE CANCER OF THE BLADDER OR OVARYS? THANK YOU.

Answer:

I don't think there is evidence that this represents a malignancy, but it may be due to poor bladder function.  I suggest you consult with a urologist who can properly evaluate you and also recommend appropriate treatment based on the findings.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Martin I Resnick, MD Martin I Resnick, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology