HIV and AIDS

Research Paper On AIDS

02/21/2005

Question:

I am a high school student who is who working on a research paper. I have chosen the topic AIDS to be on research. I am not sure what aspect of AIDS I want to do. The object of the research paper is to prove something. Could you please help me with finding a big aspect of AIDS that I must prove. Thank you for all your help in the future.

Answer:

You are right, AIDS is a BIG topic. By choosing one aspect of AIDS to report on in your research paper, you will have a much better chance of doing a good job on your paper. If you are interested in biology, you may want to report on how people with HIV are surviving longer now that we have medications that help them suppress the virus. Another aspect of biology you could report on would be the types of infections and cancers people can get when their immune systems are weakened by HIV infection. If you are interested in economics or epidemiology, you could compare how different countries are experiencing the HIV epidemic, with high death rates in some countries causing population shifts that will likely affect them. Good luck!

Go to the HIV and AIDS health topic, where you can:

Lisa A Haglund, MD Lisa A Haglund, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine