Stroke

Neuro problem

03/01/2005

Question:

I have a cousine who is suffering from neuro problem but is unable to understand what is it actually. He feels stretching pain in the left portion of his body when the stroke comes there is loss of speech and movement this condition continues for 4 to 5 seconds and during this time his face turns blood red. please tell us what is it & it`s cure.

Answer:

It sounds like you're asking for a specific diagnosis, which is more than I can provide online. Only a detailed history and physical exam by a healthcare professional can provide enough information to make a specific diagnosis. Please discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider.

I can tell you that if the symptoms only last a few seconds, then this is by definition NOT a stroke (symptoms from a stroke, by definition, last at least 24 hours).  This is good news, but I would still recommend that your cousin be seen by a medical professional promptly.

Go to the Stroke health topic, where you can:

Brett   Kissela, MD Brett Kissela, MD
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Director, Neurology Residency Program