Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Finding A Healthcare Provider

04/21/2005

Question:

Hello, I believe I have been living with ADHD for many years now and have always pushed away from taking medications and treatments. But now being 23 and noticing it affecting my life, I want to get treatment. My problem is I have little to no money, I believe I could afford the medication monthly,(possibly Straterra since there is a Lily plan which the monthly meds are cheap), but even that is a stretch. I need to find some healtcare provider in Florida who would see me for free and evaluate if there is a medicine that could help, thank you.

Answer:

I am sorry but I am personally unfamiliar with any medical providers who would see you for free in your state. I suggest you contact CHADD (see URL below) and see if they have any suggestions. Unfortunately, access to care is a major roadblock for many folks with major medical concerns. 

Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder

Go to the Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder health topic, where you can:

Susan Louisa Montauk, MD
Formerly Professor of Family Medicine