Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Face and Jaw Surgery

Bony Protrusion



Dear Dr.: I am a 22yr old male and I have a small bony protrusion on the upper-back of my head. I`ve seen other people with the same problem. It`s visible when my hair is cut short, so I always keep it long. I was wondering if their is any way I can have it removed or "sanded down", and if so can a oral and maxillofacial surgeon or a general plastic surgeon perform it are will it need to be done by a cranial-facial surgeon. Thanks for your time. 


Something like this can be handled by either a plastic surgeon or an oral and maxillofacial surgeon.  I would recommend whomever is more convenient for you or you feel more comfortable with.

For more information:

Go to the Face and Jaw Surgery health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Guillermo  E Chacon, DDS Guillermo E Chacon, DDS
Associate Professor of Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University