Obesity and Weight Management

Studies?

06/14/2005

Question:

Hello. I`m a 51 year old African American and I weigh 368 lbs. I have been voluntarily working with a non profit organization, and awaiting funding and health care. I have high blood pressure, and a boarder line dibetic, other than these three problems, my health is okay. I recognized that I eat too late at times, and undoubtly, the wrong things. I need help. I`m not disciplined with my weight, and was wondering if there were any "studies" on diets/weight control that I could be a participant in. Again, I don`t have any funds or health coverage, so I`m willing to participate in any testing you may have. Akron, OH

Answer:

I am not aware of any studies going on in your area at this time. I would suggest contacting the University of Akron to determine whether or not they have any studies you may be able to participate in.

Go to the Obesity and Weight Management health topic, where you can:

Jaime  Ackerman Foster, MPH, RD, LD Jaime Ackerman Foster, MPH, RD, LD
Formerly,
Extension Nutrition Associate
College of Education and Human Ecology