Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Skin Care and Diseases

Ocular rosacea



My eye doctor said I had ocular rosacea. If i went to a dermatologist and treated the facial rosacea, would that help resolve my eye problems? Thank you.


Your question is somewhat difficult to answer. The treatment for ocular rosacea is more intense and extensive than is often used for cutaneous rosacea and there may be some similar medications, but frequently there is more intense systemic treatment is ocular rosacea. I would urge you to take the advice of your ophthalmologist as the primary perspective. You may wish to talk to your Board-certified dermatologist who may be able to add additional medications topically to help any skin lesions that you may have. In any event, both your ophthalmologist and dermatologist should be aware of the other’s therapy.

For more information:

Go to the Skin Care and Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Charles L Heaton, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati