raised red rash with central clearing

My 2 1/2 year old daughter has had a transient rash for the past 4 months. Each oval lesion is about 1.5 cm, red and raised with a central clearing. They only occur on her back. The most she has ever had at one time, is 2 lesions and they usually fade by 4 days. They are itchy. She is otherwise healthy. Thank you in advance.

The story that your daughter's lesions "come, change in texture, clear centrally, fade, and then recur" might fit with the diagnosis of erythema chronica migrans.  I am concerned about that diagnosis since lyme disease can be associated with it.

Urticarial lesions, urticarial vasculitis could be considered.  Very clearly your daughter needs to be seen by a board certified dermatologist and an accurate evaluation made of the lesions.  It is hard to second guess the issue.

Good luck!

Charles L Heaton, MD