Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Skin Care and Diseases

Itchy rash



i have got a very itchy rash on both my legs it starts anywhere from my ankle up to my knees and goes no further i have been putting up with this for nearly 3 years i have seen a doctor and a dermotologist many times with no joy no one seems to know what this is. i have had many ointments that do clear it but it will just come back in a different place. it is very itchy and unsightly can u help


I am sorry that you have been unable to establish the cause of the rash on your lower extremities.  If it is not a usual and/or common disorder, a biopsy is in order.  That can be done by your board certified dermatologist.  You may wish to consult a dermatologist in one of the university medical centers since they may have more experience diagnosing unusual problems.  It is clear that a diagnosis must be established before appropriate therapy can be instituted.


Good luck!

For more information:

Go to the Skin Care and Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Charles L Heaton, MD
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati