Urinary Disorders

Constantly feeling need to urinate

09/07/2005

Question:

I am suffering constantly from constantly feeling like I have to urinate.When I do urinate ,my urine will absolutely not come all out.Even just one small drop of urine in me makes my bladder feel like a baloon thats completely filled with water and like Im going to explode,&I have to run to the bathroom immediately& CONSTANTLY.Detrol,and elmiron never helped.Pyridium does help just a bit.When I urinate,the urine wont all come out,&it only comes out in little bits at a time.. and it takes me a long time to relax myself so I can void, but it is horrible, depressing, and very inconvenient to say the least.I cant take it much longer.Ive been diagnosed with interstitial cystits, but am not sure if thats exactly it.Thank you very much for your time.I would really appreciate some advice on what I can do.PS.what do you think of the Medtronic Implant?

Answer:

Am not aware of who is taking care of you but suggest you consult with a urologist with a special interest in voiding problems.  I assume you are a woman and some urologists specialize in female urology.  Some gynecologists also specialize in voiding problems of women.  These individuals should be able to properly evaluate you and also recommend appropriate therapy of which the Medtronics device is one.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Martin I Resnick, MD Martin I Resnick, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology