Complementary Medicine

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Diagnosis

09/28/2005

Question:

How can I find a medical professional in my area that has experience (and success) in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome? I have been working with several medical professionals for the past four years to help me with on-going fatigue, which has resulted in depression because of my lack of energy. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and more recently MDD, given several different medications for depression, and have had minimal improvement. I attended a symposium last weekend at a local hospital and the doctor`s presentation of case studies for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome immediately resonated with what I have been experiencing for the past four years. I have looked up information on the internet, but cannot find how to locate a doctor who has experience with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Any guidance you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!

Answer:

We treat these conditions very successfully at our center at 2000 Kenny Road in Columbus, Ohio. We have patients drive and fly in for the evaluations and successful treatment protocols.

See the website for the American Board of Holistic Medicine for doctors around the US who are certified to treat these conditions holistically.

Go to the Complementary Medicine health topic, where you can:

Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP Glen F Aukerman, MD, DABFP
Professor of Family Medicine