Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Different Erection



My girlfriend of 6 years and I have recently become sexually active. But I have a very strange erection, instead of being horizontal it is vertical (as in parrellel to the body). It does not move freely at all and stays in the vertical position until it goes flaccid again. I am concerned that this may be a serious problem. I am also concerned of how this will effect intercourse. Should I get this checked out?


This is an interesting problem. You should see a urologist for a physical exam. I cannot make any recommendations at this time.

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Allen D Seftel, MD Allen D Seftel, MD
Formerly, Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University