Infectious Diseases

Herpes question

I had sexual contact with a commercial sex worker approximately 20 days ago. The contact included unprotected oral (giving and receiving) then protected (with condom) vaginal intercourse. A week later I experienced a burning in the tip of my penis, although tests for Gon, Chlam, and syph all came back negative. Since then, 17 days after the possible exposure I have pain around my anus. Just outside my anus, towards my scrotum is a small bump, it doesn`t appear to be a blister but an uncomfortable bump. I can feel it when I sit and when I squeeze my buttocks. Also the anus area appears to be very red and sore to the touch. I have had different bowel movements for about a week now as well, they are much looser and more odorous than normal. Could these be symtpoms of an initial outbreak of herpes?

These could be symptoms related to an initial outbreak of herpes. You should certainly see a doctor with these symptoms and also get HIV tested.

Go to the Infectious Diseases health topic, where you can:

Pamposh   Kaul, MD Pamposh Kaul, MD