Addiction and Substance Abuse

Smoking

12/14/2005

Question:

I lived with my mom for 7 month and they were smokers they smoked one right after. Before i moved in all my life a have never been around smoke that much so when i moved in with her it didnt really seem to affect me but when i left a got these really bad sores in my nose it just started in the right one and it was on like on the inside part in the middle where the bone is. It was really bad and hurt also. Then like a week later i got it in the left side of my nose but this time still in the iside but on the outside part. My boss told me it was from cigs but what can i do it has been there for over a month and it just gets bigger and it hurts really bad. Thanks

Answer:

I don't know that the sores are related at all to being around smoke. See your doctor to have them checked. It could be a bacterial or viral infection.

Go to the Addiction and Substance Abuse health topic, where you can:

Edna M Jones, MD, MRO Edna M Jones, MD, MRO
Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine