Embarrassing flushing

I often have embarrassing flushing of ears, sometimes one, sometimes both. Also on my cheeks and across my nose. I also, most of the time have, and have had for many years red palms and soles of my feet. I also sometimes have a fine tingling of the nose, and now am having tingling in my left ear, just inside it. Also ofen have red, peeling skin over ear cartiledge areas.

The issues that you raise are important, and you should be carefully evaluated by an internist.  There are a number of medical conditions associated with hormones that may cause flushing and these processes should be looked at carefully.  There are several people who have studied flushing from a dermatology standpoint and Jonathan K. Wilkin of Columbus, Ohio has written extensively on that issue.  I do not think he is seeing patients, but he might be willing to share his expertise with you or your physician. 

Please see your board certified internist and/or endocrinologist at your earliest convenience.

Charles L Heaton, MD