Digestive Disorders

No gall bladder, too much bile?

04/17/2006

Question:

I had my gall bladder out 7 years ago, I get bad cramping and when I have a bm its very yellow liquid, sometimes with some bm in it which looks very sticky slimy.  And some even have like air bubbles in it.  Very painfull.

Answer:

Your symptoms definitely sound painful. I would encourage you to see your primary care provider about them in order to try to determine the cause of your symptoms. One thing that comes to my mind as a possible explanation for your symptoms is related to the pancreas or bile ducts. If the pancreas or bile ducts are not working properly, people describe having pale stools that can float in the toilet bowl. There are many other questions that need to be asked, however before a diagnosis can be made. Therefore, I would encourage you to first be evaluated by your primary care provider.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

Julia Gore Thornton, MD Julia Gore Thornton, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine