Vascular Surgery

Half face bright red after vigorous exercise

03/20/2006

Question:

I am 31 years old, female. Every time I exercise vigorously, half my face goes bright red, while the other half remains pale. It startles everybody, and it happens every single time I do an aerobics session. I am very worried as it actually appears that a perfectly straight line demarcates the 2 exact halves of my face: from the top of my forehead to my chin. It`s as if I`m wearing a mask. Please advise, as my naturopath cannot seem to find the reason for this. I have seen that somebody posted the exact same question in this forum before (Jan 06). My right side goes red, my left side stays pale (if that helps). Thank you.

Answer:

I am afraid this does not fall into my area of expertise. I have heard of exercise-induced allergies. Would speak to your family physician for possible referral to dermatology or an allergy specialist. Best of luck!

This question does not fall within the scope of my topic area. I have forwarded your question to a NetWellness Expert who I hope will be able to provide you with an answer. In a few days, please look for an answer to your question in the NetWellness Expert topic area called Skin Care and Diseases.

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Amy B Reed, MD Amy B Reed, MD