Tiny white lumps above the clitoris

04/21/2006

Question:

I`m getting increasingly worried as i have found a lot of little white spots above my clitoris i spotted them about a week and a half ago and they dont seem to be going if anything they are increasing. They are very small and puss a bit of white creamy stuff if you squeeze them. I have had sex but always used a condom and have only had 1 patner who has never slept with anyone other than myself and we have not slept together for about 8months he has touched me though. What could they be? thank you x

Answer:

Without actually seeing the spots you are describing, it would be very hard to tell you exactly what they could be. By your description, they do not sound like herpes, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or warts (HPV). They could represent ingrown hairs or plugged up sweat glands. They also might be something called molluscum contagiosum (you can read more about this by going to the Centers for Disease Control's web site: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/molluscum/overview.htm).

To make a more accurate diagnosis, you need to see your doctor and have him/her look at it to be sure. In the mean time, please don't become increasingly worried, as it doesn't sound like a serious sexually transmitted disease.

W. Fred Miser, MD W. Fred Miser, MD
Professor of Family Medicine
Director of Ohio State Medicine Residency Program