Breast Cancer

A lump between the two breasts

05/25/2006

Question:

My Wife who is 28 Years Old and a mother of a 4 year old have a lump (not visible right) in the center part between her two breasts ( Chest Area) and which you can feel while touching and which gives immense pain to her. There was a similar Lump in the same area 5 years Ago which was Operated upon and reports after culturing was negative and Cancer was Ruled out.

I would request your advice on the reoccurance and Reasons there off and the Actions to be taken immediatly.

Answer:

Any masses in or around the breast should be investigated. Given that she underwent surgery 5 years ago in the same area, this may be scar tissue. Very little breast tissue exists in the space between the breasts, but lymph nodes and sebaceous cysts may become enlarged in this area. She should return to her physician and have an evaluation. An ultrasound of the area may be helpful to determine what this is.

Go to the Breast Cancer health topic, where you can:

Jennifer B Manders, MD Jennifer B Manders, MD