Braces

I need help

05/22/2006

Question:

my mother is disabled and can not work but the cmpany she got hurt at will not settle with her my biological father has no money to help out and my step fathers check barely gets the bills payed. My braces are not to fix just my looks if i dont get my teeth fixed i will have some major jaw problems in the future the ortho. i went to told me it would cost 5,000 dollars to fix my teeth 5,000 dollars that we do not have and the price of braces is gratually increasing, please if you know of anyone that helps pay for braces in the area of Rome Ga get back to me, i have peachcare but they stoppd paying for braces.

Answer:

Unfortunately your situation is becoming common throughout the country as rising medical costs are causing business and state assistance programs to cut back on non medical services.  While there is no statistical evidence that you will have a "jaw problem", there is no question that a poor relationship of teeth may cause enamel wear that later makes restorative problems difficult. 

My advice is to spend your limited family funds to maintain the health of your teeth through regular dental visits and gradually try to put some money aside for future treatment.

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry