Menopause

Sore breast

07/27/2006

Question:

I`m 48 and had a hysterectomy 10 years ago. I have been off hormone therapy for 2 years now. I took premarin lowest dose and it still made me so irritable i do so much better except for the hot flashes w/o the pills. But lately a couple of times a month i do have extremely sore breasts, to the point i can`t lay on my stomach at nite. I do drink alot of soft drinks. about 4-5 a day. but ny left breast hurts during these times. w/o the pill i`m more even tempered and i just keep my house cool, now i also have asthma really bad and have coughed alot these past two months. i thought my back might be ought and i needed to go to the chiropractor.

Answer:

If the breast discomfort is that severe and has persisted longer than a few days, I recommend that you see your primary doctor .  There can be many different causes of breast pain.

Go to the Menopause health topic, where you can:

Margery   Gass, MD Margery Gass, MD
Formely, Professor, Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology