Exercise and Fitness

Belly

08/28/2006

Question:

I am very much conscious with my big belly.And when I wear shirts to are very much obvious. I really want reduce it.. How can I do this and can you site some example of exercised which could be very helpful. I have tried some exercise for the belly before but then when my laziness came in, I have stop it that causes my belly to grow more bigger.Help me

Answer:

There is no such thing as "spot reducing", however, keep in mind that abdominal strengthening exercises will help to firm the stomach muscles but one must be consistent in performing such exercises. Only aerobic-type exercises (i.e., walking and cycling) will help reduce unwanted body fat. You may wish to review the question "Getting in Shape for the Summer" posted to the Exercise & Fitness panel. This question summarizes the benefits of a well-rounded exercise program.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Rachael   Dotson, BS Rachael Dotson, BS
Program Manager
Certified Johnny G Spinning Instructor
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley