Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Healthy Mouth, Healthy Kids

10-month-old lacerated gum



My 10 month old fell and lacerated his upper gum. I stopped the bleeding but I am now concerned about any damages to his upper teeth that have not come out yet or to any nerves.

Should I call his pediatrician or consult a dentist?


It is a good idea to consult a pediatric dentist to examine your child. Pediatric dentists have advanced training in the care of infants, children and adolescents and will be able to diagnose any problems associated with your baby's fall.

For more information:

Go to the Healthy Mouth, Healthy Kids health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Dennis J McTigue, DDS Dennis J McTigue, DDS
Professor of Pediatric Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University