Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Gum Diseases




I have sollwn, red, and around the tooth gum, it produces pus like stuff, what type of infection could this be?


It is either a periodontal abscess, a periodontal infection, or a combined periodontal/endodontic problem. You should receive some treatment, otherwise you will lose the tooth because this infection will cause bone loss around the tooth.

For more information:

Go to the Gum Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Binnaz   Leblebicioglu, DDS, MS, PhD Binnaz Leblebicioglu, DDS, MS, PhD
Associate Professor of Periodontology
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University