Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Bipolar Disorder (Children and Adolescents)

Insurance Coverage for Bipolar Disorder



Is there any kind of coverage my son could get so he would be able to be presribed medicine for his bi polar disorder?



Thank you for your question. Most insurance companies (including Medicaid: www.medicare.gov) should cover medications for bipolar disorder if the diagnosis was made and the treatment requested by a M.D. covered by the insurance. Sometimes medications can be expensive.

To access low-cost or free medication, you can also look at the following sites:

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

For more information:

Go to the Bipolar Disorder (Children and Adolescents) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Nicholas   Lofthouse, PhD Nicholas Lofthouse, PhD
Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University