Urinary Tract Cancers

Frequent bladder sensation

12/18/2006

Question:

I`ve been having a frequency to urinate and is coupled with heavy urination. I`ve noticed a small BB size bump about 4 inches below my belly button and this "bump" is where i feel the urgency? Meaning the need to urinate is originating from this small lump? I have an appointment in a few days just hoping you could give me some toppics to discuss with my Dr. Does this sound like bladder or prostate problems? I have no trouple going but when I go it just rushes out real heavy. Any info is appreciated.

Answer:

Bump may be any number of things (hernia, bladder extending up toward the umbilicus, etc). Is this a prostate problem?- I can not tell based upon information provided. Is this a bladder problem?- possibly. You will need to review with your physician and he or she may require radiology imaging to evaluate.

Go to the Urinary Tract Cancers health topic, where you can:

James F Donovan, Jr, MD James F Donovan, Jr, MD
Professor of Surgery
Director of UC Urology