Exercise and Fitness

Leg workout 3 days/week and ski machine 3x

01/22/2007

Question:

I would like to lose and tone up in a month. I have difinition but want to shed 6-10#. If I do 3x week skimachine and 3x week 1 hour of intense leg workout will i achieve my goals. I know muscle need time to recover but would this be a good thing or redundant and wouldnt do a darn thing. I figured legs burn calories around the clock. Also I am cutting a few caories. what do you advise??

Answer:

Fat loss and toning is most effectively accomplished with a combination of strength training, aerobic exercise, and well balanced eating habits.  So it sounds like you are on the right track.  Just make sure you are not training the same muscle groups back to back days.  Your muscle does need some rest.  If you are constantly tearing down the muscle, you've got to give it time to rebuild.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Jayme   Johnson, MS Jayme Johnson, MS
Program Manager
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley