Thyroid Diseases

Oncolabinc.com Test

03/08/2007

Question:

What do you think about the oncolabinc.com test kit for early dection of cancer cells or probable cancer in the body-relatively cheap and 72 hour turn around? Also is 24 hour urine free cortisol test used for tumor maker as stated by docotrs or is just to test cortisol release during that period of time? Thank-you

Answer:

I am not familiar with this test personally. I did look at their web site and searched for the most recent information on this test as thier web site cited no recent publications. Below was the article that I found which was most current. Based on this, I cannot reccommend this test. I reccommend discussion with your primary doctor and referral to the American Cancer Society web page for other cancer screeening/prevention tips such as stop smoking, healthly diet/exercise, self examination, medical exams, mammograms, colonoscopy. For certain high risk patients based on family history or personal history, there may be more detailed reccommendations.

Discrimination of Breast Cancer by Anti-Malignin Antibody Serum Test in Women Undergoing Biopsy

Go to the Thyroid Diseases health topic, where you can:

Jeffrey J Sussman, MD Jeffrey J Sussman, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery, Chief, Division of Surgical Oncology