Stroke

Feeling drunk, like stumbling and fumbling

02/28/2007

Question:

I have been on loratab and darvocet for severe pelvic pain for 3 months. I have been in bed alot but do try and get out just for peace of mind. Twice today after getting out of bed I felt like I was drunk. I could not walk straight and was bumping into walls. It lasted about 3 mins both times. I dont want to go to the er but fear if I dont something terrible may happen. Please help

Answer:

With the information provided, the only advice I can give is to go to the ER by calling 911 if it happens again.  The symptoms you describe could be "mini-strokes" and you must seek medical attention to ensure that there is not some problem that needs immediate attention.  Even if it does NOT happen again, please call your physician immediately and get evaluated.  There are other possibilities besides mini-strokes, but I would not want something permanent to happen that could have been prevented.  Good luck.

Go to the Stroke health topic, where you can:

Brett   Kissela, MD Brett Kissela, MD
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Director, Neurology Residency Program